WIT Search

Thursday 4 September 2014

Not just a skinny black trouser...

J.Crew top, Best of British trousers, Jimmy Choo shoes, Bally bag
I know most of you have to wear more formal wear to work so this post is dedicated to you. 

What do you wear to a super important meeting? One where you need to look, feel and mean business?  For me it's a sharp, tailored, all black trouser. I have a lot of meetings lately, I'm running around town giving presentations, and from time to time my neon skirts and statement heels have felt vaguely out of place, so I've been desperately looking for a new pair of smart trousers. I was even prepared to bring out the cash to make a real investment and then... I found these trousers. Balenciaga? Stella? Nope. My new favourite store ;-) Best of British from Marks and Spencers!


OK so things I love about them. The fabric: a  light weight wool that feels weighty and expensive. The slim leg: super flattering and very slimming. The lenght: ankle grazing perfection, so sexy. The front pleat: gives them a smart, tailored edge.  The side pockets: like a boys trousers. The price: £129. 

WIT readers, I dare you to try them on and and tell me if you don't feel like a super business woman in them!

Best of British Pure New Wool Modern Slim Leg Trousers  £129 Marks and Spencer

1 comment:

Unknown said...

bang on point for me - love your style but there are just some things i cant wear to meetings. as a result of your recent posts about M&S i went in there for the firts time in years and got some great blue trousers with zips at the pockets for meetings. i will ordering these soon too! thank you laura, love the daily newlstter, carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...